Following is a reference from one of Rodger’s Overturning Immunity to Change™ Coaching Clients:
“I wanted to say thank you. I know you can see the progress I have made, and I struggle to articulate how different my life is now for having had that opportunity. No words can describe how much the way I see myself has improved, and how much my confidence has grown. I get comments most days still from people at work and in my personal life who still cannot believe how much I have changed this year. How lucky I was to have been selected to do this with you.
My management style was very effective in getting things done, but far less so for inspiring and motivating my team. I wanted to change my style to that of a true leader - but was struggling to make that change. Immunity-to-Change coaching helped me discover the underlying reasons behind my style, and see my life choices through a completely different lens. When you understand what makes you tick, and how that manifests itself, then you have the tools to make significant change. I am now more relaxed and can enjoy everything I am doing. My peers have noticed the positive change and my team is more engaged. My career path has changed tack, and my newfound confidence is allowing everything to come together. I feel very excited about my future!
The framework this program uses is clear and makes sense - and is so very very effective. I will use this tool for the rest of my days when I need to deal with an issue!
Here is some feedback you can share with new clients you have:
1. This framework will work for anything you want to be different – as long as you WANT to change and put the work in. Only you can change you.
2. If you don’t feel upset or uncomfortable about what it is you want to change you have not got to the nub of the issue.
3. Spend time thinking about this program as you go through it – serious time – it helps you get to the next stage.
4. Each programme step seems hard – but they all make sense when you dig into them and they move you in the right direction.
5. Spend time on your homework to get the best out of the programme – 1-2 hours a week. You want the most benefit possible and committing to the work is worth it.
6. Know that your whole world can be different based on the way you think. Changing your thinking is a slow process – take your time to get it right.
7. No issue is too big for this programme.
I will happily be an advocate for this programme whenever you want one....wishing you all the success possible.”
Sallie AJ Purser, NZ Global Technology Services Operations Leader, IBM. October 2013
It’s April 2014 – and 11 months since I completed my coaching program with Rodger.
In August I made a plan to change careers at IBM, and executed that in December.
In March of this year I received feedback around my new vocation that is extremely positive. It could not be going better.
I already have a plan to move to what I want to do next, and support for that with my employer.
The power of the Immunity to Change program is the ability to look at yourself in another way, and then BE different.
If you are looking for a happier life - then do this.
Sallie AJ Purser, Software Deployment Manager, IBM, April 2014.